The Whisker Pole
We didn't use our whisker pole that often, so we kept a checklist to help us remember how to do it.
- Release snap from fitting at base of mast
- Turn the pole so the mouth faces forward
- Attach halyard to mouth end and raise it and cleat it off
- Lower the gooseneck
- Adjust the halyard
- Pull the end of the pole out of the gooseneck by releasing the pin, and put the other end into the clew of the sail, or onto the sail sheet
- Put end of pole back into the gooseneck and jam the gooseneck control line into the cam cleat.
- Tie a line to the pin-release at the clew end of the pole and bring it back to the mast and secure it. Use this line for releasing the clew of the pole
- Push both buttons at the gooseneck end of the pole to lengthen the pole as needed. Buttons lock into holes
- Run a line forward from the clew end of the pole forward to a cleat, and also a line aft to a cleat to lock the pole in position.
©2004 The Trouser Rollers. All rights reserved.
This page was last modified on:
August 9, 2009